What Being With Him Cost Me
- I neglected my best friend, in a time of need. Her husband died, and while I was present at the end and after the funeral, a fall semester that should have been dedicated to checking on her was spent avoiding her. Because I couldn’t deal with my own stupid life. I can’t shake that feeling and I can’t make up for it. I hurt my closest confidant.
- My job, that I loved and had for eight years. Enough said.
- Someone I used to work with that only casually knew me commented the other day that she felt like I was just a liar. Because I wasn’t honest about my life. Casual friends want nothing to do with me.
- I owe money to everyone I’ve ever met now. I used to be financially responsible and I am not longer even close to independent.
- I didn’t see my parents or my grandmother more than twice from August to December.
- I had a great life up until July. I was happy, and moving toward being ready to really meet someone to share my life with. I’m back to square one and want everyone away from me.
- My life isn’t the same. I live in a different city, in a different place, and I miss the old stuff.
- I don’t trust myself to do the right thing anymore.
What Being With Him Gained Me
- I wasn’t lonely sometimes this fall.
That’s all I’ve got right now. I hope in time I will see something better from this. But for right now…it sucks.