If you’ve read my last few posts (aside from the crazy one about the psychic!) then you’re familiar with the saga of Facebook Boy.
As I am apt to do from time to time, I decided to compose a list of pros and cons of going somewhere with Facebook Boy and see where the chips fall, in addition to the poll I encouraged you all to vote in.
So, without further ado, here is Thursday’s Pro and Con list of going somewhere with Facebook Boy.
- It’s just dinner. Free dinner.
- It’s fodder for this blog
- It’s practice for dating and conversation
- I wanted to go out with him until we texted
- The bra think really, really bothered me
- I have that feeling in my stomach that says ‘stay home’
- I don’t think we have much in common
- He texts too much, too soon.
- ‘30 Rock‘ is live tonight and I absolutely do NOT want to miss this.
Even after the pro-con list I can’t make up my mind. On the one hand, I don’t want to go because I find him creeper-ish now. But on the other it’s practice and I don’t get asked out particularly often. I can’t decide if either reason is compelling enough to go out or stay in.
He asked me to Panera, but never followed up with a time. When I said I would consider it and let him know, he then asked if we could hang out after Panera too. Which is the antithesis of everything I want in a date. I want a short date with an easy escape plan should I need it. Not a dinner *plus* obligation to hang somewhere else.
I think I’m going to ultimately decide no on this one. Not being asked out often isn’t a compelling reason to go out. And not following up with a time/place show me a lack of initiative and an inability to make a decision.
Is that okay?